Assert our exclusive rights as license holder!

8 years 3 weeks ago #7868 by Allen
hey...

criminologist, are we contenteded on where we are?

the current status of profession?

of how the society treated us?

does our license as criminologist is equal to a CPA license or a security license?

do we realized that we should have the exclusive rights on doing technical aspects of investigation specially in the field of criminalistics?

if a non-criminologist can can be a forge examiner etc. what is our license for?

a non-license doctor can not practice legally what a licensed doctor do.

or a CPA get a good amount of compensation simply because they are CPA's.

and we criminologist? we're lucky if we can get a job as rank and file.

my point is if a non'-crim can do what a criminologist can do what is our license for? can someone tell me our exclusive right as a criminologist? please.

let's us assert our exclusive rights!

thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 day ago #7924 by Reachean Reyes
Please see RA 6506. The law will answer your question. I got your point though. I think our license is good as nothing. I hope that the current house bills prohibiting the non-crim grads from entering the jobs that is intended for us be passed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Allen

7 years 11 months ago #7953 by jason04
no comment . . .

masakit sa ulo at pakiramdam yang ganyan . . .

It is not the color or the rubber that makes a balloon fly. But whats inside it . .. . .<br />just like people.....

6 years 10 months ago #9098 by spook46

Allen wrote: hey...

criminologist, are we contenteded on where we are?

the current status of profession?

of how the society treated us?

does our license as criminologist is equal to a CPA license or a security license?

do we realized that we should have the exclusive rights on doing technical aspects of investigation specially in the field of criminalistics?

if a non-criminologist can can be a forge examiner etc. what is our license for?

a non-license doctor can not practice legally what a licensed doctor do.

or a CPA get a good amount of compensation simply because they are CPA's.

and we criminologist? we're lucky if we can get a job as rank and file.

my point is if a non'-crim can do what a criminologist can do what is our license for? can someone tell me our exclusive right as a criminologist? please.

let's us assert our exclusive rights!

thanks!

Had fun reading this....Anyway here's my view

Eligibility and Qualification are two different animals

Eligible: qualified to participate or to be chosen

Qualification: a quality or skill that fits a person (as for an office)

courtesy of merriam-webster

I myself was an applicant and submitted by credentials to every government and private institution just to get a job...the question is...Am I eligible? The answer is yes because I am a Registered Criminologist. Because of that i was able to participate in the recruitment process. Second question...Did I qualify? Both government and private institutions in need of manpower required to look for people who have the skill sets and other qualities that can be beneficial to them that's why they give out test (i.e. IQ, Neuro, Medical, PFT etc.) in order to help them get the people they need (if kailangan nila na may "backer" wala na tayong magagawa) eventually i got into an institution that considered me qualified by their standards.

I had hand in the initial phase of recruitment for our office. A lot of registered criminologist applied yet eventually we have to weed out those who didn't fit the bill.

So before you assert, make sure you are qualified.

no need for bills or laws of exclusivity......just make sure that you make the cut....seek personal improvement to make yourself qualified rather than ranting and whining

Cook it!

6 years 10 months ago #9105 by Charlemagne James P. Ramos
the word "EXPERTISE" should be granted

there should be a right person for a right position...

yes of course a license criminologist can practice such thing as defined by our law:

Section 23. Practice of Criminology Defined. – A person is deemed to be engaged in the practice of Criminology if he holds himself out to the public in any of the following capacities:

1. As a professor, instructor or teacher in Criminology in any university, college or school duly recognized by the government and teaches any of the following subjects: (a) Law Enforcement Administration, (b) Criminalistics, (c) Correctional Administration, (d) Criminal Sociology and allied subjects, and (e) other technical and specialized subjects in the Criminology curriculum provided by the Department of Education.

2. As law enforcement administrator, executive, adviser, consultant or agent in any government or private agency.

3. As technician in dactyloscopy, ballistics, questioned documents, police photography, lie detection, forensic chemistry and other scientific aspects of crime detection.

4. As correctional administrator, executive supervisor, worker or officer in any correctional and penal institution.

5. As counselor, expert, adviser, researcher in any government or private agency on any aspects of criminal research or project involving the causes of crime, juvenile delinquency, treatment of offenders, police operations, law enforcement administration, scientific criminal investigation or public welfare administration.

Section 24. Privileges of Certified Criminologists. – All certified criminologist shall be exempt from taking any other entrance or qualifying government or civil service examinations and shall be considered civil service eligibles to the following government positions: (1) dactylographer, (2) ballistician, (3) questioned document examiner, (4) correctional officer, (5) law enforcement photographer (6) lie detection examiner, (7) probation officer, (8) agents in any law enforcement agency, (9) security officer, (10) criminal investigator, or (11) police laboratory technician.

Certificated criminologists shall also be eligible for appointment as Patrolman in chartered cities and municipalities, provided they possess the general qualifications for appointment provided in Section nine, Republic Act Numbered Forty-eight hundred and sixty-four.

thats why we need to further have an expertise in our field...

6 years 10 months ago #9116 by Allen
I appreciate your point about what I've wrote here in this page sir/ma'am.

What is the use the use of the licensure exam for criminologist?

A non-registered doctor cannot practice medicine. A non-passer of the bar cannot be called as an attorney. OR A PERSON CANNOT BE A SECURITY GUARD WITHOUT A LICENSE. Simply because they did not pass the exam intended and supposedly exclusive for that profession/job.

But a non-criminologist can practice practically anything in the law-enforcement field.

IRONIC.

6 years 10 months ago #9117 by jhava2121
Very interesting topic..

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #9184 by spook46

Allen wrote: I appreciate your point about what I've wrote here in this page sir/ma'am.

What is the use the use of the licensure exam for criminologist?

A non-registered doctor cannot practice medicine. A non-passer of the bar cannot be called as an attorney. OR A PERSON CANNOT BE A SECURITY GUARD WITHOUT A LICENSE. Simply because they did not pass the exam intended and supposedly exclusive for that profession/job.

But a non-criminologist can practice practically anything in the law-enforcement field.

IRONIC.

if you could name a law enforcement agency of any country that exclusively hires criminologists then we should all go there and apply.........unfortunately there's none.let's just face the fact that law enforcement is not exclusive for criminologist and in 1st world countries they even accept high school graduates for entry level positions or rank as long as you qualify in their initial screening and make the cut during training.specializations and advancement trainings are given to more qualified officers or agents to handle investigation,forensics, intel and others....

please take note of the word "eligible" in sec. 24 of RA 6506...again all licensed criminologist are eligible for the said positions but the law never stated that every licensed holder is qualified....we all have to prove that we are qualified for those said positions and unfortunately not everybody is qualified. i.e. licensed criminologist ka nga pero bagsak ka sa mga test like neuro,medical and others....so hindi ka talaga tatangapin.

about "expertise"......kahit may license ka pa it takes more than passing the board exam just to be acknowledged as such.trainings, years of experience are just some of the many determining factors for you to be called and expert. hindi dahil nag training ka lang sa isang "specialized" na course ay pwede mo na tawagin ang sarili mo as an expert.people who saw your work are the ones who will either bestow you that title or call you a fraud.

Cook it!

6 years 9 months ago #9187 by Charlemagne James P. Ramos
dapat kac may tatlo kang "K"

Kaalaman

Karanasan

and lastly...

Kakisigan...

alam mu kac lahat tau may capability namn bilang criminologist

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #9188 by Charlemagne James P. Ramos
i just dont know bakit they cannot assert what are their exclusive rights.. under R.A. 6506 :(

nandun nadin sa tanong mu kung bakit...

kac they cant practice what criminology really is...

medyo bata pa kac e2ng profession natn eh unlike other professions

KAYA DAPAT MAS MADEVELOP PA NATIN 2NG PROFESSION NATIN RIGHT?.... :dry:

6 years 9 months ago #9205 by Allen
kung tatanggapin na lang natin na ganun talaga ang kalakaran maski sa ibang bansa malamang nga na habang buhay na lang na ganito ang estado ng ating propesyon. Hindi pa nga namumukadkad ang aking kagustuhan na ang propesyong dapat mga criminologist ang nasa unahan ay nagkakakaron na ng ganitong pag-tanggap.

sino ba ang higit at unang makikinabang dito, di ba't tayong nag-aral ng apat na taon at nag-sumikap na makapasa sa board exam para lang makamit ang titulong "criminologist"? hinid lang naman ako, di ba?

hinid rin naman ako maniniwalang kulang tayo sa mga criminologist. kung kulang man, ang aking mungkahi ay makakapanghikayat ng mga kabataan na pumasok sa ating propesyon, sa'king palagay.

sige sabihin na nating ito ay suntok sa buwan ito.

mas mabuti na yun kesa naman hindi mangarap ng makakabuti sa ating propesyon.

6 years 9 months ago #9237 by Charlemagne James P. Ramos
siguro d lang nila mapractice un pagiging criminology nila?... o baka naiingit lang sila sa mga hindi criminologist na nakakapag pulis?... bakit ganyan ung mentality nila? makasarili ...

6 years 7 months ago #9421 by jonirie
Pnp needs a very high requirements for those applicants.. they also need other graduates of any courses like nursing, engineering, medical courses and etc. because of their skills.. anyone can be a police officer and etc. :) :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark T

6 years 7 months ago #9424 by Mark T

jonirie wrote: Pnp needs a very high requirements for those applicants.. they also need other graduates of any courses like nursing, engineering, medical courses and etc. because of their skills.. anyone can be a police officer and etc. :) :)

i conform to this notion.. kasi di lahat ng mga criminologist na licensed ay marunong sa medical field, engineering, accounting.. at iba pa. ang mas mabuting gawin dito ay ang pag-igihin ang trabaho natin .. alam naman natin bawat isa sa loob-loob natin ang dahilan kung bakit natin to pinasok. at tsaka kung licensed crim lang din naman ang kailangan nuong una pa lang ay dina cguro tumatnaggap ng mga applicants na hinid crim ur kurso. they're just trying to be practical. :lol:

6 years 7 months ago #9431 by jocelyn
lahat naman ng license holder or any title holder for that matter e may karapatang i practice ang kanyang profession. sa pnp kasi hindi lang naman licensed criminologist ang kailangan...as long as you're BS Graduate at may eligibility ka at you have or possess the qualifications pwede ka mag apply kasi may PNP general hospital naman kung saan pwde i practice ng mga medical professionals ang kanilang kaalaman, may information technology dept, may finance department din kami at kung ano ano pa na pwedeng mag apply ang sinomang qualified.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jemjem

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds