J.J. Watt leaves a Texans legacy on and off the field

4 weeks 16 hours ago #10361 by upamfva
J.J. Watt leaves a Texans legacy on and off the field

It was just a line on the NFL’s transaction report just after 3 p.m. under the category of “terminations of vested veterans” was the name Watt, J.J., DE. But for a region, the league’s jargon marked the end of a 10-year career in Houston as notable for its acts on the field as off.To buy more cheap Texans jerseys with cheap price, you can visit texans365 official website.

The transaction ends his legendary tenure with the AFC South franchise and leaves behind a rich legacy.

Watt, who will be 32 when the next football season kicks off, wanted a chance to compete for the Super Bowl ring that had eluded him in Houston. The Texans, a team in transition (or turmoil) with a new general manager, a new coach and a disgruntled quarterback, agreed to let the face of the franchise for the last decade become an unrestricted free agent and acknowledged the reality of how deeply the veteran defensive end still wants to play for a championship contender instead of being in a rebuilding situation.
Since that day, I have tried to do everything in my power to work and earn your respect and try to make you proud on and off the field. You guys have given me everything I need and more and I can only hope that you feel like I’ve given you everything I have.”

Watt is one of three players to be named the NFL’s Defensive Player of the Year three times, including Los Angeles Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald and New York Giants Hall of Fame outside linebacker Lawrence Taylor. He was named the league’s Walter Payton Man of the Year after his foundation raised over $41 million for relief efforts after Hurricane Harvey in 2017 and helped build over 1,100 new homes and provide over 239 million meals.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds