Ladderized Education Program for Criminology: Comment/Opinion

11 years 3 weeks ago #4519 by RK Manwong
Executive Order 358 – Ladderized Education Program (LEP) “Institutionalizing a Ladderized Interface between Technical-Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and Higher Education (HE)” stipulates that the unified and articulation mechanism by Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) constitutes the following:
1. Credit transfer which involves recognition and carrying forward of credits constituting overlapping learning from as tech-voc program to degree program or vice versa
2. Post TVET bridging program
3. System of enhanced equivalency
4. Adoption of a Ladderized curricula
5. Modularized Program approach
6. Competency-based programs
7. Network of dual sector Colleges and Universities
8. Accreditation of prior learning

In the field of CRIMINOLOGY, a LADDERIZED education program means one (1) year of Tech-Voc courses (e.g. Industrial Security) and then two (2) more years of Criminology proper to graduate, hence lessening the number of years of study...

Personally, i find this system inappropriate for the criminology program... ;D
what about you

HE WHO DARES WIN!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 3 weeks ago #4523 by junsy1951
Yeah, I myself finds this program confusing. TESDA brochure on the matter indicates a period of six years for a sekyu to graduate in the program not two years after completing the VocTech. My understanding of the program is that sekyu will be first assessed by a body who will determine based on his experiences and other prior education what subjects can be credited to him so that he can be accelerated or go with the rest of the regular criminology program. Thats why in some cases, it will take him six years to complete the course. Certainly, based on the data you presented I also will not agree.

11 years 1 week ago #4595 by Matt
Ang sa tingin ko nga dito sir eh, "MONEY MATTERS". Why? because meron allotement and CHED at TESDA sa scholarship at sa akin di malinaw.
Nasan na kaya yong mga taga CHED at TESDA at explain sa atin 'to? ;D ;D

10 years 5 months ago #5426 by Fishbone
pwede sa akin ang ladderized pero dapat taas-taasan pa ang ladder na kanilang aakyatin.  ::)

Few things are so deadly as a misguided sense of compassion.<br />~Charles Colson

10 years 5 months ago #5430 by rockbals
Mayron na ba? curriculum patterns ang CHED para ma adopt ang TR ng TESDA.

Nalilito ako paano e credit ang subjects training ng guards (TESDA) into criminology course (CHED).

thanks  >:(

Security Training Oficer
of Valencia City, Bukidnon

10 years 5 months ago #5445 by Matt
ang alam ko sir meron na

9 years 9 months ago #6467 by kcin
I think the competencies in the training regulations of Tesda will be incorporated in the subjects listed in the BSCRIM curriculum.  Ex. Communication in the workplace. It could be  in the Eglish subjects. (Check Security Training Regulations Re: Competencies) Source TESDA Website.

9 years 9 months ago #6468 by kcin
after 1st year the students could secure license and be qualified for security service. but has to pass the assessment examination.

9 years 9 months ago #6469 by rockbals
ok, nakita ko na nga T.R. ng TESDA but paano mo ma incorporate sa CHED program ng B.S. Crim. wala naman malinaw na T.R/guidelines coming from CHED. paano mo e credit ang compentencies ng sekyu into crim program..

paano? if mag transfer ang studyante/sekyu into other crim. school. paano mo e credit? wala na man guideline from CHED e absorb competencies ng sekyu..

To be honest, I am confused of this 2 programs now. Actually, I am teaching in criminology course and likewise handling also as Training Officer in SG Training.

R.C.
PARST Accredited Scty Trainer
TESDA Accredited Scty Assesssor
Valencia City, Bukidnon.

9 years 1 month ago #7351 by ludilyn
for me, itsw god to have a ladderized Education program for criminology so that, at least student graduates in two year course in criminology can apply works having ma certification and they can continue to study for better future.......

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #7805 by FriendWilly
Executive Order #: 358? ANU BA YUN? PAKI-TAMA PO CGURO AQ KUNG MALI AQ.

Thanks 4 asking this?

As for as I know, By 2030, PNP vision, "is to become a highly capable police service". kaya nga tinaasan ang qualification para sa PO1. BEFORE: atleast 72 units, TODAY: atleast College Graduate four year course, ON THE FUTURE: atleast ladderized graduate.

Juan DELA Cruz, sa tining mo ba lalong magiging Highly Capable Service ang mabibigay ng mga police kung tapos ng sinasabing ladderized and magiging police?

Yun ngang graduate ng FOUR YEARS (anu sa tingin mo ang nagagawa nila?)

ISIPIN NAMAN NATIN YUNG MAGIGING ANAK NATIN AT YUNG MGA SUSUNOD PA.

TOTOO NGA CGURO NA LALONG BUMABABA ANG ANTAS NG EDUCATION SA PILIPINAS...............

WAG NAMAN SAN...

ALAM NAMAN NATIN KUNG ANU ANG NARARAPAT EH............

SISTEMA TALAGA, OHHHHHHHHHHHH.................

KAAWA-AWA KA TALAGANG TAO, JUAN DELA CRUZ, pumapayag ka kc na ganun ang gawin sayo..

wag ka naman pumayag, "MAHIRAP KA NA NGA, WALA KA PANG ALAM AT ANG MASAKIT PATI YUNG DIGNIDAD MO WINALA MO PA"

SMILE NAMAN DYAN, DUN MAN LANG MAPAWI ANG KALUNGKUTAN AT BUMABAGABAG DYAN SA DIBDIB MO. HEHE..............HEHE...............HEHE............

8 years 5 months ago #7810 by jason04
KANYA KANYANG PARAAN PARA MAGKAPERA . . .

It is not the color or the rubber that makes a balloon fly. But whats inside it . .. . .<br />just like people.....

8 years 5 months ago #7879 by redcrim
In appropriate tlaga coz were aiming for highly trained professionals but, on the other hand tlagang dumarami na ang di kyang mag college.

7 years 2 weeks ago #9346 by Mark T
i can say that ladderized program they're proposing is not the one to be implemented. if they want to ladderized the program in criminology it should be more than that of 2 year program course. our current criminology program is not that effective. that program they're proposing should be more strict from what the our country currently have. if they want to really produce individuals with excellency in criminology, then that program by TESDA is a big NO.

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds